Clean Missouri seeks a Field Director to develop, coordinate and execute voter engagement and voter contact work through November 2018. Our Field Director will be responsible for ensuring that all benchmarks outlined in the campaign’s field plan, to be refined by the Field Director in conjunction with the Campaign Director, are met or exceeded.
The Clean Missouri coalition is taking a desperately needed legislative reform measure directly to voters through an initiative petition. More information about the campaign may be found at www.cleanmissouri.org.
Our Field Director will:
- Develop an aggressive field program to organize and turn out supportive voters
- Recruit, hire, train and serve as the manager for field organizers.
- Provide weekly goals for organizers and hold them accountable to ensure overall metric goals for the entire program are met.
- Manage collaboration between paid and grassroots partner organizers.
- Ensure volunteers are being recruited and retained by organizers.
- Maintain statewide database of campaign volunteers.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with supportive organizations and community leaders.
- Convene senior staff update calls for partner organizations, keeping them informed of any campaign developments that would shift volunteer, staff or leader deployment.
- Other duties as needed.
- Minimum of two cycles working in field or political organizing. Experience with suburban, rural and ballot measure organizing is a plus.
- Experience managing staff or interns.
- High levels of organization and task management.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Proficiency in VAN.
- Ability to manage a multi-leveled accountability structure for field program, organizers and volunteer leaders.
- Must have a driver’s license, reliable transportation, personal laptop and cell phone.
- Ability to spend significant amounts of time on the road and work nights and weekends.
- Discretion and political acumen.
Travel throughout Missouri and work on nights and weekends will be required.
Please send your cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to list the position you are applying for in subject line.
CLEAN Missouri believes that a diverse, inclusive staff is a fundamental strength. We’re committed to hiring people of all races, ethnicities, religions, ages, sex, genders, sexual orientations, and gender identities. People of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.