Clean Missouri seeks a Communications Director to coordinate proactive public communications, digital media, and campaign communications projects under the direction of the Campaign Director. The person we’re looking for will have excellent oral and written communications skills, experience speaking on the record, comfort with social media platforms, and an ability to handle multiple fast-paced projects simultaneously.
The Clean Missouri coalition is taking a desperately needed legislative reform measure directly to voters to make our state government more transparent, limit the power of big money in our legislature, and ensure we’re able to hold legislators accountable when they fail to act in the public interest. More information about the campaign may be found at www.cleanmissouri.org.
- Refine and execute the campaign’s earned media plan, which will include the cultivation of media contacts, writing and deploying press releases, pitching stories, maintaining media databases, supporting coalition partner op-ed and letter to the editor efforts, and other tactics.
- Coordinating campaign editorial board outreach
- Spearheading campaign spokesperson development and training
- Serving as a communications advisor to coalition partners on efforts related to the Clean Missouri campaign
- In collaboration with campaign digital lead/consultant, develop content for Clean Missouri’s online media channels
Required experience and skills
- At least two years communications experience in a campaign-pace environment
- The ability to connect with voters across the political spectrum in our diverse and growing coalition
- Passion for a democracy that works for everyone
Travel throughout Missouri and work on nights and weekends will be required.
Please send your cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to list the position you are applying for in subject line.
CLEAN Missouri believes that a diverse, inclusive staff is a fundamental strength. We’re committed to hiring people of all races, ethnicities, religions, ages, sex, genders, sexual orientations, and gender identities. People of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.