The Clean Missouri initiative seeks to increase integrity, accountability, and transparency in Missouri government. Lobbyist influence and gifts are a real problem with records showing that since 2004, there has been an average of $885,020 per year in lobbyist gift giving in Missouri.
All these gifts mean legislators are putting special interests and wealthy donors ahead of every day people.
This is not right. And Clean MIssouri is here to give power back to the people.
Here’s what a few folks have to say about why they’re a part of the Clean Missouri initiative:
“It’s time for everyone to have a say in who gets elected, instead of just big money donors.” – Cathy, Springfield
“This isn’t the way our government is supposed to work.” – Richard, St. Louis
“I don’t have $1,000,000, but I still want my legislators to listen to the issues that are important to me.” – Andy, St. Louis
“The opportunity to be directly involved in the democratic process is amazing.” – Erin, Springfield
“I’m tired of money driving our government, it should be the people.” – Libby, Kansas City
“I want a representative government.” – Sarah, Kansas City
“There’s a lot of money, and we need to put a stop to that.” – Victoria, Springfield
Tell us why you’re a part of the Clean Missouri initiative.
Here are the facts – The Clean Missouri amendment will:
– Lower campaign contribution limits for state legislative candidates
– Eliminate almost all lobbyist gifts
– Require politicians wait two years before becoming lobbyists
– Require that legislative records be open to the public
– Ensure that neither political party is given an unfair advantage when new maps are drawn after the next census, by asking a nonpartisan expert to draw fair legislative district maps, which would then be reviewed by a citizen commission